第I 卷 （共60分）
1. —Have you finished your report yet?
—No. I'll finish it in _______ ten minutes.
A. another B. other C. more D. less
2. As soon as I heard the news that I passed the exam. I felt ______ at once.
A. angry B. relaxed C. afraid D. nervous
3. I wonder _______.
A. that he will meet me at the airport
B. if he will meet me at the airport or not
C. whether he will meet me at the airport
D. whether will he meet me at the airport
4. — Would you like tea or coffee?
— _______. I really don’t mind.
A. Yes, please B. Either is OK C. No, thanks D. I’m sorry
5. Hurry up! Once the concert starts, nobody ______ to enter the concert hall.
A. allows B. was allowed C. will be allowed D. will allow
6. There are five apples on the table. You can take ______.
A. that B. it C. one D. this
7. My English teacher went to London yesterday. He _____ be at school now.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. must
8. Tom, go to have a nice bath and an early night, so that you will be _____ for the
A. safe B. patient C. fresh D. natural
9. We believe we will achieve our dream earlier if we _______.
A. pull together B. have a point C. pay attention to D. keep our cool
10. With the development of technology, we can produce _____cars with _____
A. more, more B. fewer, more C. more, fewer D. less, fewer
Jose, a young musician, is a rising star in Bolivia. He has already performed in some of the countries’ top venues(会场) including the Legislative Palace. What’s so great about that? Jose is just seven years old and he is blind!
Jose is musically talented. Three years ago, he picked up the drums and showed surprising talent. Later he moved on to the piano and his musical talent became undeniable(不可否认的). By the age of 5, Jose had formed his own jazz trio(三重奏).
The young boy knows every jazz song in his book and can play them all with great confidence. And it is not the only kind of music he enjoys. He also loves listening to blues, heavy metal, etc.
Roberto Montano is clearly a proud father when speaking of his son Jose. He said that he had nothing to do with his son’s unusual talent. In fact he didn’t even know much about jazz until Jose started to play. He believes the young boy is just born with a “music chip” inside him.
Although Jose is a rising superstar, he lives a life like other children do. Just like his classmates, he goes to school, does homework and even does chores at home.
11. Jose showed his talent for music when he was _______ years old.
A. four B. five C. six D. seven
12. The underlined word “them” in Paragraph 3 refers to ________.
A. piano songs B. the drums and the piano
C. jazz songs D. blues and heavy metal
13. What can we learn about Jose’s father?
A. He is a blind man B. He is a great musician.
C. He is very strict with Jose. D. He takes pride in Jose.
14. We can learn from the last paragraph that Jose lives a ________ life.
A. busy B. rich C. different D. normal
15. Which can be the best title of the passage?
A. A Bolivian boy’s future plan
B. A school day of a Bolivian boy
C. A talented young musician in Bolivia
D. A family of great musicians in Bolivia
On a very hot day, it can be hard to know what to do to feel good. If we run around, we may feel dizzy and sick to our stomachs. This is because our body can’t get rid of the extra heat. However, if we just sit and do nothing, we may feel restless and bored.
Are there things we can do to feel good when we are hot? Yes! Playing in water is one way to feel cooler. Of course, people with a pool, river, lake or ocean nearby can play in the water very conveniently. People who don’t have these can still play in water too. Take a cool bath or shower and feel good on a hot day. On hot days, you can lose two gallons of water in one day, so many doctors agree that you should try to drink at least 16 glasses of water to keep the water balance in your body. Mixing a little juice into your water is a good way to help you drink plenty of water. The food we eat also makes a difference in how we feel in the heat. Cold foods, such as ice cream and drinks with some ice can cool down our bodies. Fruits and vegetables are easy for the body and refreshing. Plan a healthy menu for a hot day.
16. When we feel hot, we’d better _______.
A. run around B. sit and do nothing C. play in water D. lie down
17. You’ll drink much water if you add some ______ according to the passage.
A. sugar B. juice C. salt D. milk
18. What does the underlined word ”dizzy” mean in Chinese?
A. 舒服的 B.精力充沛的 C. 眩晕的 D.生气的
19. According to the passage, one gallon of water is almost ______ glasses of water.
A. 2 B. 8 C. 16 D.24
20. The main idea of the passage is about ______.
A. the things to do when it’s hot B. the things to eat in the heat
C the things to drink on a hot day D. the things to plan in a hot day
We often face the following situations in our daily life:
l The woman next door plays her piano after 12 o’clock at night.
l The family across the street never cleans up their yard. The rubbish blows into your yard.
l The man next door always parks his car in front of your drive.
Have things like this ever happened to you? If so, you may ask yourself, “Who are these people? Why are they doing these things to me?”
These days, many people don’t know their neighbors. Sometimes we share a friendly smile or say hello, but lots of people don’t even know their neighbor’s names! When you don’t know someone, it’s easy to be angry when something has happened that you think is unfair. You think, “Maybe they like to make me angry, “or “Maybe they do it on purpose.” Believe it or not, your neighbors probably don’t mean to make you get angry. Often, they don’t even know that they’re making you feel angry. So before you take unusual steps to fix the problem, you should discuss it with them first.
When you move towards your neighbors, you should talk to them in a friendly manner. Praise their children to make them feel good. Then explain the situation. And if you can think of a simple way to solve the problem, suggest it.
If talking doesn’t work, ask another person to help. This person can listen to both sides of the story and help you and your neighbor solve the situation.
Finally, sometimes it’s a good idea to avoid the problem. Depending on the problem, it might be best to just stay out of your neighbor’s way.
21. What’s the writer’s purpose of writing paragraphs 1&2?
A. To ask some questions. B. To lead in the subjects.
C. To list his own experiences. D. To tell some stories.
22. You should talk about the problem with your neighbors first because ________.
A. they often say hello or smile to you
B. you do not know what they are called
C. they probably don’t plan to make you unhappy
D. they will take unusual steps to solve the problem
23. When talking with your neighbors, you can make them have a good feeling by _______.
A. praising their children B. explaining the problem
C. shaking hands with them D. making friends with them
24. The best way to solve the problem sometimes is to ________.
A. ask another person for help B. turn a blind eye to it
C. tell the story to your friend D. let your neighbor get out of the way
25. What does the passage mainly talk about?
A. Ways to get along well with neighbors
B. Problems caused by neighbors
C. Situations we may face every day
D. Reasons why we become angry at neighbors
The junior high school graduates have to take a P.E. test in many places around China. The full marks are 26 forty-five points, but by this year, the number rises to sixty！ And it means 27 in the senior high school entrance exam.
Usually, the test is held in May or June every year. Students of Grade 9 28 a test in their own schools. Each student is tested on three sports. They can choose long jump, basketball dribbling 29 skipping. The pull-up is for boys, and girls can choose the sit-up . 30 boys and girls must run 50 meters.
Some students find the test is 31 and they get full marks. Students of Grade 9 usually do lots of 32 in P.E. classes. The training makes the test easier 33 it seems to be.
Students don’t have to run a lot for the test. But in P.E. classes , they still
run 34 . Most teachers and parents welcome the P.E. test. They say it helps students 35 their health.
26. A. never B. very C. seldom D. usually
27. A. little B. less C. much D. most
28. A. has B. have C. had D. having
29. A. or B. then C. but D. so
30. A. Either B. None C. Both D. Neither
31. A. easy B. easier C. difficult D. more difficult
32. A. reading B. jumping C. practice D. swimming
33. A. than B. as C. about D. like
34. A. many B. tons of C. plenty of D. a lot
35. A. built in B. build up C. built up D. building up
第II 卷 （共40分）
rise grow begin smell sweep
1. Plenty of tea plants ________ on the mountain sides in 3 years.
2. Recently, the price of food, clothes, transportation and so on _______ a lot.
3. ---Can I speak to Jack? --- Sorry. He ________ the floor in his bedroom.
4. When I was waiting for the bus, it suddenly ________ to rain heavily.
5. The flower not only looks beautiful but also ________ nice.
1. It is very cold today. The temperature is 20℃ _______（ 在…之下）zero.
2. The workers will build a new road in our city. The new one will be _______
（更宽）than the old one.
3. I accepted his _________ (邀请) to his housewarming party.
4. The boy worked out the difficult math problem_______(成功) in the end.
5. “Help ________(你们自己) to some chicken, dear kids. ” said the old lady.
Starting high school is a great experience for any teenager. Whether you are coming from a middle school(grades six through eight) or a junior high school(grades seven through nine), there are many things about high school that are different from your old school environment. 1
You will face being in a new school, making new friends in an unfamiliar class and getting to know new teachers. These new teachers will usually have higher knowledge level than your middle and junior-high schoolteachers. They want to help you get into college. In return, they expect you to work hard and develop your skills.
On top of all this, peer (同伴)pressure to drink and smoke often increases in high school. 2
Although there is a lot of pressure, it is nothing you cannot deal with. If you are feeling pressure to do something that you feel is wrong, talk to a friend, parent or teacher to find a solution. 3 If you are not succeeding academically, find someone to help you. If you feel lonely, try to join a school club or group to make new friends.
High school may seem discouraging at first. 4 . On the point of starting your high school, are you ready?
A. Besides, the pressure could also come from grades, loneliness and so on.
B. With time, you will come to be thankful for everything about your experience.
C. They are there to help you get into this great new time in your life.
D. You will experience many changes.
【任务二】将文中划线句子Although there is a lot of pressure, it is nothing you cannot deal with. 译为汉语。（2分）
【任务三】回答问题。 If you feel stressful, who can you turn to for help?（2分）
【任务四】找出与Are you prepared for the start of your senior high school? 意思相同或相近的句子。 （2分）